I feel your pain. True keto/high fat snacks and treats a hard to come by and challenging to nail. If you are adopting any major nutritional change to your routine its hard enough as it is, but throw in the idea of minimising carbohydrate down to 50gms or lower a day and it becomes a whole new bag of worms. Just briefly, the idea of minimising carbohydrate intake, if you are not already aware, can have the effect of stabilising hormones, reducing cravings, allowing the utilisation of fat or ketones for energy rather than glucose, improve athletic performance, decreased 'post exercise' muscle damage, encourages some of the effects of fasting and can have great implications for neurological function. Moving forward, we often don't practice what we know is good for because it is challenging. It is that simple. The trick to preparation and a few simple tools. I find a simple to for sticking to the high fat way of eating is having these keto balls on hand if the hand goes to reach in the cookie jar. No baking or cooking required and only a few ingredients, some of which are awesome for encouraging that ketogenic state we are after.
The mix (makes 12 balls)
- 5 tablesoons coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons Bulletrpoof Brain Octane oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Bulletproof VanillaMax
- 7 heaped tablespoons almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups dessicated coconut
- 2 teaspoons Superfeast Mushroom powder
- few pinchs of pink salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Throw it all in a bowl together and get ya hands dirty. Roll into balls and set in fridge.
Train Holistic - Design your life